About UK Strategic Command
UK Strategic Command (formerly named Joint Forces Command) is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
Led by the Commander Strategic Command General Sir Patrick Sanders, our headquarters is based in Northwood and the command is represented at sites across the world.
We support the MOD by making sure that joint capabilities such as medical services, training and education, intelligence and information systems are developed and managed across all 5 of the land, sea, air, space and cyber domains. We also manage overseas joint operations.
We are responsible for:
- providing leadership in the cyber domain for the MOD
- generating and developing capabilities across the land, sea, air, cyber and space domains
- preparing for and managing joint force operations
- educating and training the joint forces
- leading in the information environment for defence and providing the MOD’s information and communication technology systems.
You can find out more by visiting our about us page at gov.uk.
About our blog
We use to let everyone know more about who we are and explain what we do, showcase the great work of our people, and to consider some of the big issues facing Defence and how they might affect us in the future.